This is a great summer salad that is quick and easy, low calorie, low carb and super healthy.
Prawns are high in protein and very low in fat. Plus, fennel freshens your breath, soothes coughs, and can even slim and trim your waistline. Detox never tasted so delicious!
Prawn Salad with Radish, Watercress, Mint and Feta
- 3/4 pound prawns, peeled and de-veined (about 20)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 small bunch watercress, tough stems discarded
- 1 small fennel bulb, halved, cored, and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 5 thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
1. Season prawns with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add prawns and fennel seeds to pan. Cook until prawns are opaque, turning often (about 3 minutes). Remove pan from heat; toss with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
2. In a large bowl, combine watercress, fennel, radishes, remaining olive oil, and remaining lemon juice, tossing well.
3. Divide salad among 4 plates; top each evenly with shrimp, mint, and cheese.
|Calories per serving:||188|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||17g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||7g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||139mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||416mg|
|Calcium per serving:||166mg|