THIS is great and easy mid-week recipe. It is quick to prepare and cook, full of healthy ingredients and tastes great. You can serve with noodles instead of rice if you like. Udon or Soba noodles are great with this.
- 100g (4oz) brown rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 large chicken breast (175g/7oz), sliced
- 1cm of fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 50 ml (2fl oz) coconut milk
- 70 ml (3fl oz) chicken or vegetable stock
- 2cm of fresh lemon grass, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons of Thai red or green curry paste
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- 6 baby sweetcorn, halved lengthways
- 20 green beans
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- 1 lime, quartered
- Coriander leaves and extra lime wedges to garnish
- Cook the brown rice following the instructions on the packet.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the chicken until golden on all sides.
- Add ginger, lime quarters, coconut milk, chicken/vegetable stock, curry paste, lemon grass and coriander. Heat until bubbling. Cover and simmer gently over a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the baby sweetcorn, spring onions and green beans and simmer for a further 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are just tender. Remove the lime wedges.
- Serve with the rice, sprinkled with some chopped red chilli (if using), coriander leaves and lime wedges on the side.