- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 a cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 6 chestnut mushrooms, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp, coconut oil
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1/2 can coconut cream
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- Salt & pepper and fresh coriander to garnish
- 1 bayleaf
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 inch minced ginger
- 2 black cardamon pods
- For the sweet potato noodles:
- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes, spiralized
- Heat a large deep pan with 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- In another small non-stick pan heat and add the whole spices (cardamon, cumin seeds & bay leaf) and toast slightly to help release the fragrance and oils. Then grind in a pestle & mortar.
- Add these spices to the heated coconut oil together with the rest of your ground spices and minced ginger. Then add the onions and garlic and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the cauliflower, mushrooms and tomatoes and allow to simmer into a sauce.
- Next add the chopped chicken and leave to cook on a low heat.
- At this stage, bring a large pot of water to boil as if you were cooking pasta and then add your spiralized sweet potato noodles and cook until al dente.
- Once the chicken is nearly cooked, add the coconut milk and cream, stirring in well and leave to simmer until the chicken is done.
- Place a portion of sweet potato noodles into separate bowls, then add a generous amount of the curry and garnish with chopped fresh coriander.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
I was born into a family of healthy eaters and from that my passion for healthy eating and all things good for you grew. I am very conscious about giving my body all the goodness that it deserves, especially in today’s fast-paced lifestyle where pre-packed ready meals and sugar loaded snacks are so easily available.