Banana Bread Ingredients:
Makes around 12-14 slices.
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cardamon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder/ 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 apple grated
- 1/2 cup of raisins/sultanas
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, crushed
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180c and lightly grease a loaf tin with coconut oil.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Beat the egg and add the mashed bananas, coconut oil, water, sugar, apple and combine well.
4. Lastly, add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and add the nuts and raisins and fold through. Once all is combined well pour the mixture into the greased loaf tin.
5. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown (a skewer/knife inserted into the centre should come out clean)
- Plain and simple
- Topped with homemade almond butter
- Homemade nutella (for those extra naughty days)
I was born into a family of healthy eaters and from that my passion for healthy eating and all things good for you grew. I am very conscious about giving my body all the goodness that it deserves, especially in today’s fast-paced lifestyle where pre-packed ready meals and sugar loaded snacks are so easily available.